WHEN TO APPLY FOR DEBT REVIEW?
You can apply for debt review / debt counselling under the following circumstances:
- If your accounts are 2-3 or more months in arrears.
- If you are struggling to pay your monthly instalments and you don't know what to do.
- If you have received final demand letters from credit providers (Section 129) and lawyers.
- If you are getting endless calls from credit providers and lawyers demanding payments.
- If after deducting your household living expenses from your net income you have less cash left over than the monthly instalments on your debt then you may apply for debt counselling.